Tuesday, November 10, 2009

IS IT ME OR IS ADIDAS COMING AT NIKE'S NECK?


WHILE BROWSING THE ADIDAS ORIGINALS WEBSITE, I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED WITH THE FALL SHOE OFFERINGS AS WELL AS THE PRICES. LOTS OF HIGHTOPS AND EVERYTHING WAS AROUND 100 BUCKS A PAIR.

MY FAVORITES
[like in my online shopping cart]





Lustrous material on sneakers will always catch a female sneakerhead's eye. I prefer the less is more approach and usually opt. for clean detailing on shiny sneakers . I am also really into solid color kicks. They look more mature and are definitely easier to dress up [for work or after work/ I wear the shiny kicks to the club : P]. The Ghostface Killah collabs [to the top right] are a no brainer for me: high top, black, dope pop color and Ghostface's head.... A magnetic attraction to childhood sneaker staples, solid black and solid white, explains the middle row.


HONORABLE MENTIONS



Featured mostly for the way Adidas creatively interpreted current sneaker trends [drawn on seams, flannel,  chukka/ blazer shapes]. The basket ball inspired joints, at the bottom, remind me of a pair of Adidas track sneakers I coveted in middle school and the basketball shape is way different than what other  brands are offering. Not sure how I would wear them however. The Def Jam Forums at the top left update a popular shape with pops of metallic and the Def Jam logo; Win win.


No comments:

Post a Comment