Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Love Highlights: Primetime Emmy Dresses


I watched the Primetime Emmy Awards Red Carpet last weekend and was not super inspired by the dresses so I figured I would pass on the post.  Then on the random I saw  Kim Kardashian and Victoria Rowell's show stopping dresses, niether of which I saw on E!'s red carpet coverage, and assumed I must have missed a whole group of celebs. Not really.  I missed a few, but didn't seem like their weren't that many people at the Emmys this year? I kept seeing the same faces. Drew's dress was fancy, but Gennifer Goodwin's was chic.  I'm handing her best dressed and here are the runner ups...


Leighton Meester in Bottega Veneta
i like the "knots" 

kim kardasian in Ina Soltani
i can see the resemblance to J Lo, but i think it's mostly physical. lopez brought "body" back in style and Kardasian is carrying the torch. 
the curves plus the flawless white make us think j lo. that's all.
kate walsch in J. Mendel. 
while it photographs a pale silver, the dress is actually pale blue
chloe sevigny in Isaac Mizrahi. 
love the print and the sheerness

ginnifer goodwin in Yves Saint Laurent 
the gown is understated with just the perfect balanace of soft and hard detail
the color works perfect with her skin.

images via usmagazine.com and  people.com

No comments:

Post a Comment