Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Let Me Show You How I Get Down

My recent posts on Kat Macleod and Richard Haines' illustrations reminded me of the live fashion sketches and paintings I did in college.






I call this one Young Love.  This is actually a replica of my childhood drawing style I did one day to show my friends how I used to draw. The left stick figure was how I drew around age 4. In kindergarden, that style was scrapped by an art teacher that made us draw in geometric shapes. I was hesitant to accept the new way of drawing, because I was just getting into styling my stick figures with some really cute outfits, but I eventually assimilated. I have to admit, it was a good stepping stone to get into more realistic figures, but my stick people were fly...


No comments:

Post a Comment